Join our Team!
The 2018-2019 is full of exciting new opportunities for CCSA and we invite you to be a part of the future! One of the founding principles of CCSA is to reach every child who has the desire to sing, using creative and engaging programming that supports and nurtures their musical potential and, moreover, encourages their growth as creative individuals and as socially responsible citizens.
The Children’s Chorus of San Antonio is seeking motivated individuals to lead our Core ensembles and Neighborhood Choir ensembles. Duties include:
- Provide overall artistic leadership and direction for Core Ensembles or Neighborhood Choir, comprised of singers from neighborhoods in the San Antonio community.
- Prepare and conduct weekly rehearsals from September through May of each academic year.
- Evaluate chorus members on a semester basis.
- Supervise and conduct all concerts, both self-produced and run-outs, for the Choir(s)
- Assist as requested or necessary with CCSA events and activities including subscription concert series, free concert series, and organizational meetings.
- Work in conjunction with Artistic Director and CCSA faculty to ensure a vibrant curriculum for the ensemble and a solid musical foundation in preparation for matriculation into the next CCSA ensemble.
- Scheduled rehearsal/class days for ensembles are Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday afternoons; rehearsal times are negotiable.
Interested applicants should complete the online application and submit the following attachments:
- a résumé
- letter with salary requirements
- two recent representations of your work, that may include:
a. (a) an example of the applicant conducting a recent choral performance and
b. (b) an example of the applicant teaching in a classroom and/or rehearsal environment that demonstrates rehearsal techniques
Complete the information below (or click here to access the online application) to submit your application to CCSA.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2018