CCSA is a community-based organization serving the greater San Antonio area; our mission is to bring the highest quality choral music education and performance opportunities to our young people. CCSA was established in 1983 and currently serves over 400 engaged, talented and dedicated young artists ages birth – 22 in our three divisions. Our singers represent a true tapestry of San Antonio’s rich culture!
About our ensembles
- Young people ages 5-22 rehearse weekly during the academic year (September – May) in one of three training and performance ensembles spanning a variety of skill levels. See below for specifics.
- Singers do not need prior experience to join our training ensembles – vocal technique, music literacy and theory are part of every rehearsal.
- Ensembles perform in a variety of concerts, both formal and informal, throughout the year. Please see our calendar listings for current and future performances.
- Singers learn great musical literature and acquire the means to perform with excellence. While they discover their musical artistry, they develop discipline and leadership skills, build lasting relationships and grow as individuals.
- Tuition ranges from $405 to $735 based on ensemble and ability. Please follow the payment policies and financial assistance menu options for additional information.
About our choral placement process
- A simple placement hearing is held for each new singer in order to determine which training ensemble is the best fit. Young people are scheduled to come at a specific time and are asked to sing simple pitch and rhythm-matching exercises and a well-known song in a relaxed and informal environment.
- No preparation is necessary! You do not need to bring a prepared selection; our directors are looking for potential, not perfection.
- Best of all… you will know your results by the end of your placement hearing. We guarantee you won’t have to wait days for our decision.
- Placement hearings are held in May through September for the fall semester and in January for the spring semester (space permitting).